During the winter months it is very common to have a power outage. Here you will find a list of 5 appliances that can either generate some much needed electric, simply keep you entertained without the need for electricity, create some light or provide something to cook on.
Safe-T-Proof Solar, Hand-Crank Emergency Radio, Flashlight, Beacon, Cell Phone Charger
With this incredible little gadget, you never have to be without light during a power outage again. Even if you have a generator, the torch will come in handy when trying to see what you are doing.
Without power, charging your phone would be impossible, if you purchase one of these you never have to worry about running out of charge again. It will charge any appliance with a USB port.
It has a radio to keep those boring blackout nights entertaining. It also works as an emergency beacon to raise a warning during any occasion.
With these gadgets being so affordable, you can keep one in the car and several around the house.
- Powered by the sun or by hand! Never be without batteries again!
- Features a built-in AM/ FM radio, flashlight, blinker and siren alarm.
- Plug in and charge cell phones and other portable electronics!
- Ideal for all emergency kits and disaster preparedness planning.
HQST 100 Watt 12 Volt Monocrystalline Bendable Solar Panel
Never go without power again with this flexible solar panel. It has enough energy to power a refrigerator, freezer, flat screen tv and many other household appliances.
It is flexible so can be stored when not in use. Because of the flexible construction it is far more durable and efficient than traditional glass or aluminum models.
It only weighs a mere 4 pounds so it would be ideal for camping trips, power outages and many other non-permanent applications.
- Can be affixed by adhesive, grommets, zip ties or velcro
- Holes on panels are pre-drilled for fast mounting and securing, perfect for non-permanent installations.
- Ideal for storage in tight spaces or crowded areas that are typically off limits for traditional glass and aluminum models.
- The junction box is sealed and waterproof, making it perfect for the great outdoors.
DuroStar DS4000S, 3300 Running Watts/4000 Starting Watts, Gas Powered Portable Generator
This number one selling, best rated generator would be absolutely perfect in a power outage. It is incredibly powerful and would be able to produce enough energy for many of your household appliances.
It is very affordable, making it a great choice for anyone using it occasionally. For a generator it is fairly light and can be easily moved, as when need you need to use it.
If you fill the 4-gallon tank, you can expect to have power for up to 8 hours, more than enough for most power outages.
- 4000-watt Surge/3300 watt continuous
- 4-gallon gas tank
- 8 hour run time
- Pull recoil start
- EPA approved
- Automatic low oil shut off
Camp Chef Tahoe 3 Burner Stove
Never go without a hot meal during a power outage again with this portable and light weight 3 burner stove.
The stove has a large 16-inch X 38-inch cooking area (608 square inches) and the 3 aluminum burners produce 90,000 total BTU/hr. It has a 31-inch cooking height, perfect for most adults.
Detachable legs and windscreen make it a fantastic option for camping or family days out. Simply attach the stove to a regular propane bottle with the hose provided.
- Burner housing limits hot/cold spots and gives extra wind protection
- Fully adjustable heat-control dials
- Three cast aluminum 30,000 BTU burners
- Regulator and 3 ft. hose included
- Removable legs for portability
Nebo Windup Lantern and Flashlight Combo
While a torch is a great thing to have in a black out, it will not compare to the amount of light this lantern can create. You do not have to worry about batteries because it is powered by winding it up so it would be perfect for lighting up a room when the power goes out, and you can always use it for parties or functions you are holding at night in the garden. In fact it is perfect for camping, fishing, hunting, boating, road trips, RVing, power outages, at home use, or any emergency situation.
- Convenient carry handle
- Lantern has 5 super bright white LED’s, output 60,000 MCD (bulbs rated for 110,000+ hours of life)
- Flashlight has 3 super bright white LED’s, output 36,000 MCD (bulbs rated for 110,000+ hours of life)
If you are faced with regular power outages, it is always sensible to have a contingency plan. If you purchase any of these appliances, you will make your life so much easier during those dark evenings. All of the items featured would be perfect for many different occasions, so go ahead and treat yourself.